Embassy of Bolivia

Office Adress:
Liang Ma he(South)No.14 2-3-2 Tayuan Diplomatic Building Chaoyang Dist.
Post Code:100600
Working hours:M-F 8:30-12:30 13:30-17:30

Student Visa


Notice: Only color scanned PDF files are accepted for documents uploaded for applications for all types of visas.


1.    Regular Student Visa:  It is issued for sixty (60) calendar days, with the purpose of studying at primary, secondary and higher education institutions, enables the process of temporary stay of a student for up to three (3) years, renewable for periods of up to three (3) years, until the completion of their studies to the Directorate General of Immigration;

2.    Student Visa with exchange agreement with the State:  It is granted for one hundred eighty (180) calendar days, in order to pursue studies under state academic agreements, enables to process the temporary stay of the student for a similar period;

3.    Student Visa WITHOUT exchange agreement with the State: It is granted for one hundred and eighty (180) calendar days, for the purpose of studying under academic agreements between public or private  universities or other foreign schools and enables the temporary stay student for a similar period.

·       Sworn Statement for Visa application form filled in correctly.

·       Original passport with a validity of at least 6 months, and 1 copy.

·       Original International Certificate of Vaccination or Revaccination Against  

   Yellow Fever, and 1 copy.

·       2 photos of 3cm*3cm size, in white background.

·       School transcript attesting last level studied conducted in school, college or          university in the country of residence, notarized and duly legalized;

·       Original or legalized copy of acceptance letter issued by the Higher Education          Institution in Bolivia. Applicable for a student visa with state or private            agreement;

·       Legalized copy of agreement or interagency agreement as appropriate, where the type    of student exchange is established. Applicable for a student visa with private          agreement;

·       Certificate stating that the applicant has no criminal and/or police record, issued    by competent authority in the country of origin or last residence, according to        current regulations, with translation to Spanish, notarized, and duly legalized.

·       Bank slip of USD 50 for the regular student visa or student visa without exchange      agreement with the State.(Must be made in person only at the Bank of China Beijing branch located on Sanlitun road #5 in the Chaoyang district of Beijing. Please note that money transfers are not accepted)